Friday, April 4, 2014

Feeling Inspired


                I’ve been hanging onto my Mizuno Rider's, just waiting for the right time to test them out.   So I gave myself time this week to set aside for a little Mizuno action.  You know sometimes you need to feel inspired to keep you going, and I am no exception.  It just so happened after watching Mizuno’s campaign video “What if Everybody Ran”, immediately I had to throw on my shoes and head out the door.  When I’m feeling a little overwhelmed or bummed I like to watch a good movie.   I think I’ve seen Spirit of the Marathon, Without Limits and Rudy at least 10 times each.  Actually I watch Rudy at least twice a year and that’s been twice a year since it came out on VHS back in the early 90’s.   If you have to ask or Google what a VHS is, your too young to be reading this.  Also, if you haven’t seen the Mizuno ad, take the next 2 minutes to preview it at, http://www.mizunousa.com/running, hopefully it puts a smile on your face. 

 
      So, the very, very first pair of running shoes I was fitted for and bought at a running store was a pair of Mizuno Creations.  As soon as I tried them on and walked out the door I could not wait to get home and go for a run.  They made me so happy, I wore them into the ground.  I think that’s what ended up motivating me to run my first half marathon.  Anyways, this week I tried something new  with the Wave Rider 17’s.  I was a little nervous taking them out for a run since the first thing I noticed was a crease on top of the foot that was a bit annoying.  Thankfully this went away the more I walked around and broke it in.  It certainly felt like it had a tone of space in the toe box, seamless upper, so no irritating overlays and stitching to worry about.  I think it actually felt a little too roomy in the toe box, at least for my foot.  That might be why I felt the crease at the top, but for someone needing that extra room the Wave Rider is something to consider.  The overall ride in this shoe has seemed a bit flat and clunky, you won’t get that same toe-off action you do in something like the Wave Creation, but that’s not good or bad, it’s just not my preference.  The weight of the shoe is light, I think it’s around 7.8oz for a women’s shoe, along with a nice cushy ride.  Overall, the Rider gets a B minus in my grade book.  I think it’s a great shoe, just not for my feet.  I’ll give it another go around, I could be completely wrong about my initial clinical reaction.  Besides, I'm still feeling inspired and Mizuno's are what got me to the start line in the first place.  Maybe, it's time I start planning to train for another marathon. 

iRunning Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment