Wednesday, March 19, 2014

So Much to Do, So Little Time

First and foremost, I apologize for any spelling and grammatical errors you may find on my blog.  I write what's on my mind and forget about the minor insignificant details like grammar. I've got more important things to worry about.  Hope you still enjoy reading :)

So I'll just start with this being crazy week #1.  Have I mentioned my job includes promotions,
events, and race directing.  On top of all this I still tried to fit in a few workouts this week if not for anything else but at least for my sanity.  The beginning of the week included a trip to Luckenbach to finalize a few things for the Lone Star Half, then packet pickup and some last minute details for the Shamrock Shuffle and our annual St. Paddy's Social Run. On top of all this going on, the shoe fairy stopped by and dropped off a pair of the new Adidas Adistar Energy Boost to try.  So of course I had to take these out a few times around the block.  Actually, I ended up on a different route with my daughter and her lovely stroller, which took me through a ridiculously hilly neighborhood.  I decided it was time to stop being afraid of this course, since I'm getting a little bored with our usual route.  Anyways back to my shoes, again as with the SuperNova Glide, these are a little more feel the road then I prefer especially for a long run but this shoe does feel amazing on my feet. I know this is considered a high mileage shoe, but again not my cup
of tea for a long run.  The seamless upper is super soft and fits like a glove thanks to their techfit technology.  I think for someone that likes a more form fitting snug fit throughout the entire shoe, you will love it as much as I do.  The Energy Boost has that springy Boost cushioning, so it extremely responsive and of course lightweight.  Next, I do have to mention, I love the all blue colorway on this shoe, not that color should matter, but it just so happens blue is my favorite color.  Now, one thing I've not had a chance to test in the Adidas and by know means does it really bother me, but the outsole is supposed to offer superior traction in most terrains and wet conditions with it's Continental rubber outsole. I don't usually like to get caught in the rain, but I've found myself hoping that's the case just so I can see how good this Continental rubber really is.... Overall, I really do like this shoe and plan on rotating it for shorter workouts, tempo runs, speed work and probably track workouts.  Well....okay, I'm lying, I can't say I've done a track workout in quite a while, they scare me.  I should probably take our License for Speed Class with Coach Lauren to help me get over my fear.   

Last, but not least  I  wanted to include a  quick recap of our St. Paddy's Social Run with Saucony and
Polar.  Thanks again to our awesome reps Peter from Saucony and Sarah with Polar.  We love being able to demo products at our events, it really gives our runners a chance to see what's available and if it's a good fit for their training.  If you came out to this run, your selfie was probably posted on Facebook.  We had a little fun with our Saucony photo frame and a few St. Paddy's
accessories.  On top of all that fun, I added in a little workout of my own.  I had to check out the Saucony Triumphs again, since it's been like, four years since I've run in a pair.  Not the same shoe it used be, so I think its hard for me to fall back in love with this shoe.  I did like the wider toe box, and mesh on the upper, as it provides plenty of room for my toes to splay, and I don't remember it feeling like that previously.  The PowerGrid cushioning, seemed a little firm to me, but a good lightweight neutral option.  I believe the women's shoe weighs in at 9.3oz for a size 8, although I am no size 8, more like a size 10.5, so you do the math........it still feels fairly lightweight though.  Overall, not a bad shoe if you need the width and like a firmer ride, I think you'd feel fine doing a lot of mileage in this shoe. 

Next, look for my Race Director Notes on the St. Paddy's Shamrock Shuffle, later this week. 

iRunning Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment