Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Asics DS Trainer is Back!


 
It looks like Asics is back on my list of faves.  Just got a sweet pair of DS Trainers and I couldn’t wait to get them on my feet.  Two workouts in less than 24 hours with these babies and I couldn’t be happier.  The fit and feel is superior.  I tried to compare this with an old pair of DS Trainers, which I loved and the only thing different I noticed was the forefoot was missing that “squishy” feel (not exactly a bad thing, just different) and the heel collar was a tad too high, but adding a pair of
Powersteps fixed that problem.  I know some people prefer a higher heel collar and for others it may drive them insane, but asking your favorite iRun staff member how to make adjustments can really change the dynamics of a good shoe.  So here’s my review on this shoe thus far, lightweight and mild stability for that in between a neutral and stability runner.  Soft and springy feel on the forefoot, and a seamless mesh allows for a flexible and comfortable toe box.  Although high in the collar which went away once I added an orthotic, the narrow heel counter (which I love) makes this an almost perfect fit.  Very happy runner this morning, plus I love the color way on this shoe considering the bright pink goes against everything I stand for.  Maybe I’m becoming more open minded these days, who knows. 

Last night’s post workout meal was random, nutritious and delicious.  I forgot I still had a box of Quinoa, and I needed to finish the last of my Kale, so it all worked out, no food left behind in Ericka’s kitchen. 

Randomness #2

Baked Chicken, con Kale and Quinoa

    1.    Boneless, skinless  (of course) chicken breast or tenders

    2.     1 cup of Quinoa.  Make Quinoa as directed on package.

    3.     2 – 3 handfuls of washed Kale.

Directions:  Season chicken to taste or a light seasoning packet ( I use these $1.00 packets from HEB and mix with either fresh lemon juice, orange juice, olive oil or sometimes a white wine).  I don’t use butters, lard, extra salt or vegetable oils.  Bake chicken at 400-425 temperature for 20-30 minutes.  Next, cook your Quinoa as directed.  If you feel the need to be lazy, throw a steamer basket on top of the Quinoa as its cooking and steam your Kale in the basket at the same time.  Once chicken is done, drizzle extra juices over Kale and Quinoa for added taste.  Bon Appetite!



***Note:  I’m not a Registered Dietician, or Nutritionist.  Recipes will not include nutritional content or total calories, because some of it’s pretty obvious.  I just like to EAT. 

 

iRunning Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment